1997-03-16 - Re: (fwd) CarlMStarrsimulationExperiment

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: 798fb8a3595574f9f6f5f6688cc43d3bc35e563b1365c5d8026d9f40efbe3c42
Message ID: <332C2A63.2DA7@gte.net>
Reply To: <199703160038.SAA17546@galaxy.galstar.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-16 18:04:33 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:04:33 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 10:04:33 -0800 (PST)
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: Re: (fwd) CarlMStarrsimulationExperiment

Igor Chudov wrote:

> joe was pulled off a major drug case
> in the wiretapping of my phone i expect a jealous
> husband to tap my phone on in gardner ks on
[snip]
> No, the above was NOT written by me, nor by carl starrs. It was generated
> by a perl script, which emulates writing styles of different people.
> The way it does it is by keeping track of pairs of words and their most
> frequently used subsequent words. It reads articles (or any text really)
> written by the target person, builds the style tables, and then geenrates
> the "most likely" text.
> Carl starrs was a good target for two reasons, one of which is that he
> does not use punctuation.

Graham-John whoever also did not use punctuation in his sentences.
One could argue that they were too brief, however, proper English
would have dictated a comma here and there.

Thread