1997-03-14 - Re: Failure of centralized certificates - was “Experts slam PGP

Header Data

From: TruthMonger <an7575@anon.nymserver.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 800582f4965978daf321c1d34328fe734caec7056cbb8ee89b0e00cdba8d0d7e
Message ID: <199703140106.SAA12251@shaman.lycaeum.org>
Reply To: <199703132206.RAA04047@alpha.pair.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-14 01:06:22 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:06:22 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: TruthMonger <an7575@anon.nymserver.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 17:06:22 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Failure of centralized certificates - was "Experts slam PGP

e$pam wrote:
>  From: kilgallen@eisner.decus.org (Larry Kilgallen)
>  Subject: Re: Failure of centralized certificates - was "Experts slam PGP
>  encryption"

> In article <5g8i92$4rs@news.ox.ac.uk>, patrick@gryphon.psych.ox.ac.uk
>  (Patrick Juola) writes:

>  >>As a corporation with diverse ownership, it should be much more complex
>  >>for VeriSign to subvert their own system for a cause than it would be
>  >>in the case of an individual such as Phil Zimmermann or David Sternlight.

>  The only ones we care about are those with "keys to the kingdom".
>  In the case of those who are so empowered, one needs positive
>  incentive for them to corrupt the database.  Could some political
>  cause provide that incentive -- yes.

  Damn good thing that there are no political issues surrounding crypto.

TruthMonger

Thread