1997-03-05 - Wassenaar Arrangement

Header Data

From: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8fde98e7c4b0a5975f03b8e15d153e9cf388f6a49eaad57b395e59c1cfc24b65
Message ID: <3.0.1.32.19970305081729.006eb4bc@mail.io.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:11:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Greg Broiles <gbroiles@netbox.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:11:56 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Wassenaar Arrangement

Has anyone had any luck finding the actual text of the Wassenaar
Arrangement? The Arms Control & Disarmament Agency has a summary/factsheet
available on its web site (mirrored, I believe, on JYA's web site) but I
haven't been able to find a copy of the actual text. I spoke with someone
this morning at the ACDA who said that the actual text "has not been
released by our government" and that to his knowledge it had not been
publicly released by any government. I'm faxing a FOIA request to their
legal folks this morning (talked to someone in their general counsel's
office who said he wasn't sure if it was available via FOIA or not) but I
suspect I won't get it.

Has anyone actually seen the text of the thing?

--
Greg Broiles                | US crypto export control policy in a nutshell:
gbroiles@netbox.com         |

Thread