1997-03-19 - Re: Market Failures, Monocultures, and Dead Kids (Oh My!)

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@amaranth.com>
To: Alec <camcc@abraxis.com>
Message Hash: c847da6f0e6028e37f29b0e7d64a5e74e953547df9b1714d7d1a7a31a3af086e
Message ID: <199703190047.AAA02484@mailhub.amaranth.com>
Reply To: <199703182356.XAA02032@mailhub.amaranth.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-19 06:42:24 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:42:24 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 22:42:24 -0800 (PST)
To: Alec <camcc@abraxis.com>
Subject: Re: Market Failures, Monocultures, and Dead Kids (Oh My!)

In <199703182356.XAA02032@mailhub.amaranth.com>, on 03/18/97 at 08:39 PM,
   Alec <camcc@abraxis.com> said:

>Not in every case do the parents have the right to determine what
>treatment shall be performed or whether it shall occur at all. More often
>than not the courts have allowed medical treatment for the child who is
>not able to consent to such treatment for himself.

>In many instances courts have stepped in to authorize blood transfusions
>for children of Jehovah's Witnesses, who follow Biblical injunctions not
>to "eat" blood (Gen. 9:4). Recently the Church of Christ Scientist [?] has
>been under societal and governmental attack for insisting on substituting
>healers for medical teams even in cases of children afflicted by cancer
>accompanied by apparently unbearable pain.

>Parents most certainly are not the only ones to determine the welfare of
>their children; society has assumed a significant role and typically moves
>to protect the child from the parents or from the _beliefs_ of the
>parents.

Just because the government subverts the RIGHTS of the parents does not
mean that the parents do not have those rights.

A parent is the sole person who has a *RIGHT* to determine the welfair of
their childern. You do not have that right, I do not have that right, the
government does not have that right. To beleive that the government should
"protect" a child from the beliefs of its parents is truly
FASISTS/COMMUNIST/STATIST (pick you flavor they are all the same <G>).

I as a parent have the sole right to determine what religon to teach my
children, how to rase my children, how to teach my children, how to reward
my children and how to punish my children PERIOD.

Perhaps you should take your STATIST tendicies over to alt.hitler.fanclub
as they are quite out of place here.

"When the wants of society override the rights of the individule that
society must die" -- whgiii

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger whgiii@amaranth.com for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: I'm an OS/2 developer...I don't NEED a life!

Thread