1997-04-11 - Re: Grumpy Old Cypherpunks

Header Data

From: David Gilchrist <dgilx@mindspring.com>
To: TruthMangler <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1a5debb5ccdb95391a631e0eb5fbfc20846a8c0b147375e72616a47c8afbf496
Message ID: <1.5.4.32.19970411233414.006a6e74@pop.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 16:34:47 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: David Gilchrist <dgilx@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 16:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: TruthMangler <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Grumpy Old Cypherpunks

At 11:31 AM 4/11/97 CST, TruthMangler wrote:
>Kent Crispin wrote:
>>
>> Toto, thanks for your thoughtful comments.  Your touching defense of
>> Tim is interesting.

<yammeryammersnip>

>> list.  Like most people, I tend to respond in kind.
>
>  This list is one of the few places where the dogs still bark (and
>bite, as well). Smarmy "gumming" of the logic and opinions of others
>on this list will not get you many doggie bones.

I like that.  Bite me.

>  My personal pet peeve is the fucking happy faces that abound in
>posts everywhere. If you can't figure out whether a comment is an
>insult or humor, then take it as an insult, because any professed
>difference between the two is only an illusion.

I like that, too.  Happy face me.

>  I suppose that it is only a matter of time before I walk into a
>happy-face factory and start blowing people away at random. A barking
>gun is only the final result of years of govement and societal
>suppression of our natural instinct to bark loud and long when
>intruders invade our personal space.

You must work for the post office.  Shoot me.

>TruthMangler

Thread