1997-04-30 - Re: Citizen Units

Header Data

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 41fbd0cb9649ac8375656ad852f021400531086304213287ff867f52955f59b8
Message ID: <199704300804.BAA06655@fat.doobie.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 01:04:05 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 01:04:05 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Citizen Units

Tim May wrote:

> These no-knock dawn raids are becoming de rigeur. I'm surprised Jim Bell
> was raided at the late hour of 9 a.m. I'm also somewhat surprised there was
> no gunfire at his house.

  They were waiting for the Search Warrant to be signed, to make
sure they had their asses covered.
  The fact that it was dated on March 28 (?) means little. Judges
regularly predate warrants upon the basis of a need to protect
sources. Most court systems leave a few document numbers free
each day for future predating of warrants, affadavits, etc.

  Judges and JP's have many legal requirements to meet in most
procedures, ones which they totally ignore for the most part,
yet I have yet to see any lawyer challenge the sloppy bullshit
that stems from their failure to follow proper judicial procedure
in the behind-the-scenes paperwork.
  The bottom line is that even the best of lawyers fear judges
that they know they will have to face again, and they don't
want every court ruling to go against them for the next ten
years.

TruthMonger

Thread