1997-04-09 - Re: Another Article on Jim Bell from the Oregano

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: Alan Olsen <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
Message Hash: 42ba4af91ce0b22825b1a56249b3c1cd2a3cae92c24f6f145744c531a92ede81
Message ID: <3.0.1.32.19970408170547.0063b688@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Reply To: <3.0.1.32.19970404195432.03028840@mail.teleport.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-09 06:42:09 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 23:42:09 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 23:42:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: Alan Olsen <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
Subject: Re: Another Article on Jim Bell from the Oregano

At 10:18 AM 4/5/97 -0800, you wrote:
>As for the "drug conviction", he was nailed for possession of phenyl acetic
>acid in 1989. The government tried to prove that he was trying to manufacture
>meth, but was unable and Jim pleaded guilty to a lesser charge.

>(Of course,
>what are prohibited molecules and non-prohibited molecules is an ever
>changing maze.  It is pretty hard to keep track of what is "legal" and
>"illegal" in that area.  Seems to be "whatever we say it is".

It's actually quite straightforward - it all depends on the
intent of the molecules being arrested.  If they're just loitering around,
it's not illegal, but if they're loitering with intent to commit public
intoxication, or conspiring to form an illegal syndicate, you may be
in big trouble....

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)

Thread