1997-04-05 - The Laird

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: “Phillip M. Hallam-Baker” <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Message Hash: 59590e0fc3d4bfce486dc1bb15df514288750c2ba4bf8e2b48fd220fb5494fd7
Message ID: <3345A39E.573D@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <01BC4120.30527340@crecy.ai.mit.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-05 01:05:19 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:05:19 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:05:19 -0800 (PST)
To: "Phillip M. Hallam-Baker" <hallam@ai.mit.edu>
Subject: The Laird

Phillip M. Hallam-Baker wrote:

> >paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk pissed off Hallam-Baker to the
> >extent that gave up all pretense hiding his support for
> >a New World Order, and wrote:
>
> Yeah, like I wrote in "The Laird of the new world order".
> They said they worked for freedom but they had another plan.
> The only new world order is, obey your Uncle Sam.

 I would like to see the complete work, if you have it
available online.

> Must be in deep, deep cover.

  I'm a conspiracy theorist. Any particular Crayola colour you
would like me to use to draw the links between yourself and
the Cabal?

> I was pointing out that the attempt to claim that the rest of
> us poor slobs didn't see Jim Bell as a shining Messiah was
> not because we were too stupid to understand him as claimed.

  I once recorded a tune called, "He used to take acid, and now
he's found God, but he's still got that look in his eye."
  I can't deny that Jim Bell seems to have "that look" in his eye.

> >> I don't believe that people
> >> are fit judges of their own cause as Bell and you do.
>
> > So we should only fight for other people's causes, and not
> >our own? Or not fight at all?
>
> I think that before you murder someone because you think they
> are wrong you need to at the very least put the matter to an impartial
> arbitrator.

  I believe that the AP system pretty much spreads out the
"arbitration" in much the same manner that the electoral system
does. To me, it is similar to the inter-family dynamics that
take place in Dr. Kevorkian's work, only on a more pervasive
scale.
  I have always seen Jim Bell's work as a theoretical exercise
that deserved a more serious analysis than he, himself, gave it.
It pushed the envelope of issues that need to be dealt with, and
did so in a manner that went beyond seemingly mundane matters
wherein one could easily dismiss the long-term consequences of
the train of logic involved.
  An analogy might be made to those who dismiss a little ass-
grabbing as inconsequential when compared to rape, as opposed
to those who view it as a precursor to rape.

  Despite my sometimes caustic, irreverent demeanor, I enjoy
your posts, as they show a thoughtfulness which goes beyond
some of the "Oh yeah! Sez who! Yo' mamma!" threads that
sometimes prevail on various lists.
  So, don't change on my account, I hate you just the way you
are.  (Please note my aversion to adding little 'happy faces'
to my posts. Humor be humor.)

--
Toto
"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"