1997-04-14 - Re: SSL weakness affecting links from pa

Header Data

From: ARTURO GRAPA YSUNZA <AGRAPA@banamex.com>
To: “bryce@digicash.com>
Message Hash: 95d34657debea100973f04f0e74411b28de03dc205b6ae54668d2d25b5a6ed2d
Message ID: <c=MX%a=%p=BANACCI%l=CENTRALES/BARRANCA24/0001616F@mex3976bcaop1.banamex.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1997-04-14 20:18:12 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: ARTURO GRAPA YSUNZA <AGRAPA@banamex.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:18:12 -0700 (PDT)
To: "bryce@digicash.com>
Subject: Re: SSL weakness affecting links from pa

How about:

"You are about to send a 'referrer header' telling the next web
site about the web page you are currently looking at.  Should
<netscape> send this 'referrer header'?
[Yes/No/Always Send Referrer Headers/Never Send Referrer Headers]

[CHECKBOX] Don't ask again."

 ----------
From: bryce@digicash.com
To: ARTURO GRAPA YSUNZA; Black Unicorn
Cc: cypherpunks@toad.com; cryptography@c2.net; toto@sk.sympatico.ca; Tom
Weinstein; Bill Stewart; Mark M.; ARTURO GRAPA YSUNZA
Date: Monday, April 14, 1997 1:44PM

Microsoft Mail v3.0 IPM.Microsoft Mail.Note
De: bryce@digicash.com
Para:  ARTURO GRAPA YSUNZA
     Black Unicorn
Cc:  cypherpunks@toad.com
     cryptography@c2.net
     toto@sk.sympatico.ca
     Tom Weinstein
     Bill Stewart
     Mark M.
     ARTURO GRAPA YSUNZA
Asunto:  Re: SSL weakness affecting links from pa
Fecha: 1997-04-14 13:44
Prioridad: 3
Ident. del mensaje: A0705E17CEB1D011AF91006097838CEB

----- --

 A million monkeys operating under the pseudonym
 "Black Unicorn <unicorn@schloss.li>" typed:

> "You are about to forward a referer header to the page you have selected.
> Forwarding the referer header to this site may reveal more about your web
> browsing habits than you would prefer.  Should <netscape> surpress the
> referer header?  Yes/No/Always Surpress/Never Surpress."

Minor UI nit:  it would be much much better if it said

"You are about to send a 'referrer header' telling the next web
site about the web page you are currently looking at.  Should
<netscape> send this 'referrer header'?
[Yes/No/Always Send Referrer Headers/Never Send Referrer Headers]"

Regards,

Zooko Journeyman

Disclaimers follow:  I am not a cypherpunk.  NOT speaking for
DigiCash or any other person or organization.  No PGP sig follows.

Thread