1997-04-15 - What’s good for the goose…

Header Data

From: Chris DiBona <chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
To: “‘cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: b1b7e9284ddfda6a2a859ccf8abb63123fbc8ad7953c7bee9760184b15db984d
Message ID: <01BC49A3.FD146380@colobus.loc201.tandem.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:49:46 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Chris DiBona <chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 13:49:46 -0700 (PDT)
To: "'cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: What's good for the goose...

Hello all...

I was thinking about some things....like many other people, I really dislike junk email. How they get email addresses to send to is no mystery. So here's the idea. We've started seeing people change their email return addresses so that they can avoid spam.

I've got a better idea.

Make your return address "wallace@cyberpromo.com" , that's right... Good old spamford wallaces email address needs a little traffic. You'll want to change your SIG so that people don't freak out on you.

IN FACT, and although I WOULD never RECCOMMEND THIS.  (notice the enunciation...'nuf said) I would be tempted, if I had the time of course, to subscribe the freak to as many lists as I could find, but of course I would never do such a thing, as that might at the very least make his communication links kind of active, bringing up the price of doing business for him.

   Just a little idea....

      Chris DiBona

PS: Of course I would never do such a thing myself. This is information and ideas provided for your entertainment only...uh huh...that's right...for sure ;-)

Thread