1997-04-21 - Re: My Thread / Was–Re: Light Bulbs & newsgroups

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: Carl Johnson <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Message Hash: d66d8d0055519c6082ce75258e403d6dec4be9ee657586b62ce400dc73126c46
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.970421075655.992H-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <335835C6.7CFC@sk.sympatico.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-21 13:11:51 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 06:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 06:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
To: Carl Johnson <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: My Thread / Was--Re: Light Bulbs & newsgroups

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Carl Johnson wrote:

> Timothy C. May wrote:
>
> > >it was not me. When i got it, it had no attribution on it also.
>
> > Then it's best to say so. "Anonymous" or "No attribution" is preferable to
> > simple forwarding.
>
>   When the post arrives with three or four sets of '> >>' (<--whatever
> the
> fuck these things are called), then even those of us who lost the better
> part of our brains in the Drug War are able to figure out that it is a
> forwarded-forwarded-forwarded post.
>   I think Tim is fighting old wars in his head. (Find your shoes, yet,
> Tim?)
>
> > --Tim May, who's had his own stuff forwarded without credit, and recalls
> > when one of Perry Metzger's pieces arrived back on the list, sans credit.
>
>   I can sympathize with Tim, here. People who plagarize the works of
> others, or who steal credit for other's ideas, are the scum of the
> earth.

Um, did I miss somethin', or are we arguing about light-bulb jokes?

-r.w.

Thread