1997-04-01 - Of interest, perhaps

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e14f6a717f9687d91eb4d4a98cc8832084907f3b8f911e931e5ca950d351c6a2
Message ID: <v03020907af663d7e1612@[139.167.130.247]>
Raw Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:39:11 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 20:39:11 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Of interest, perhaps

--- begin forwarded text

Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 16:42:16 -0800
To: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
From: "Adam C. Engst" <ace@tidbits.com>

What do amber, beads, drums, eggs, feathers, leather, and oxen all
have in common with the aforementioned shiny things? That's right!
They've all been used at one time or another as money. (The oxen were
hell on ATMs, but that's another story.) So, if you're feeling a
little down in the wallet around tax time, circulate on over to the
History of Money. The site, derived from a book of the same name,
takes an in-depth look at where "wampum" has been and where it's
going, from ancient times to the present day. Especially interesting
is the chronology, giving the low down on loot from 9000 BC to
2002. That's well over a hundred years, according to our accountant.
(Please note that not once did we say, "Show me the money!" See Jerry
Maguire for more on this.)

	http://www.ex.ac.uk/~RDavies/arian/llyfr.html

--
Adam C. Engst, TidBITS Editor -- ace@tidbits.com -- info@tidbits.com

--- end forwarded text

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
Lesley Stahl: "You mean *anyone* can set up a web site and compete
               with the New York Times?"
Andrew Kantor: "Yes."  Stahl:  "Isn't that dangerous?"
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/

Thread