1997-04-04 - Re: EVENT! Rep. Rick White to hold live online town hall meeting 4/10!

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f712abb31949e90ba67832b1d090c2bac975d60de5962c6be1b4f8dd9cb50129
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970404003029.11418C-100000@cp.pathfinder.com>
Reply To: <199704040431.XAA07521@panix3.panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-04 05:34:25 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 21:34:25 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 21:34:25 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: EVENT!  Rep. Rick White to hold live online town hall meeting 4/10!

Folks participating in this event may want to ask Rep. White why he
supports the "harmful to minors" Net-censorship standard. (How can I tell
if material on my web page is "harmful" to some Bible Belt fundies? How
can I block kids from viewing my site? Same problems we have with the CDA
1.0.)

If he gives satisfactory answers, then -- and only then -- will he be a
"leader on Internet policy issues." After all, the best Internet policy is
to just leave it alone.

-Declan