1997-04-30 - Re: Data Privacy Laws

Header Data

From: 3umoelle@informatik.uni-hamburg.de (Ulf =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=F6ller?=)
To: hodgepodge@nym.alias.net
Message Hash: fc05a5da0592c8bdb5e624ba846a2677d9cec1ef64ac325aff1587ac93f19d7b
Message ID: <9704301539.AA63320@public.uni-hamburg.de>
Reply To: <19970430143414.10988.qmail@nym.alias.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-30 15:40:18 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:40:18 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: 3umoelle@informatik.uni-hamburg.de (Ulf =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=F6ller?=)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:40:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: hodgepodge@nym.alias.net
Subject: Re: Data Privacy Laws

> BONN, Germany (Reuter) -- A German cabinet minister called Monday for
> increased efforts to fight crime on the Internet and demanded that
> cyber-sheriffs have keys to unlock coded messages.
> Interior Minister Manfred Kanther told a conference .....

> So clearly the government disagrees.

Fortunately, it is not that clear.  The FDP (the smaller party in the
government coalition) sent out an angry press release today, pointing
out that Kanther's plan will not be supported by a majority neither in
the cabinet nor in the Bundestag, and demanding that he stops to
damage the government's reputation.

Also see my previous message about the FDP policy at
http://infinity.nus.sg/cypherpunks/dir.archive-97.04.17-97.04.23/0087.html

Thread