1997-05-13 - Re: Enough of this shit already!

Header Data

From: bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0fddcc7f2bb65383acc73e5e3247e0258b64fe55eb0b3a210545ba65853950db
Message ID: <3378E1A5.282B@popmail.firn.edu>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.970513110309.5776E-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-13 21:01:50 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 05:01:50 +0800

Raw message

From: bennett_t1@popmail.firn.edu
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 05:01:50 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Enough of this shit already!

Ray Arachelian wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 1997, The Spectre wrote:
>
> > To: cypherpunks@toad.com
> > Date: Tue May 13 09:55:34 1997
> >
> > > Dimi (Closet Homo) isa pimply old dweeb sitting at a  Xenix 286
> > > computer masturbating at his own imagined cleverness.
> > >

> > This is the down side to anonymous remailers.. I think if you don't have
> > the balls to say something, don't say it.
> >
> > Obviously, someone is saying something they don't wan't other people to
> > think they think..
> >
> > I am, obviously, tired of adding filters to my mailbox.  Please knock off
> > this bullshit.  I think whoever posted this is a pimply young asshole
> > sitting on a c64 attempting to masturbate himself but can't find a
> > microscope with high enough magnification.
>
> Agreed.  While I will restrain my oppinions of our unfriendly KOTM with a
> doctorate from the KGB, I'm tired of these spams.  Yes, they include the
> ones that IMHO come from Vulis, the ones to which Graham replies, the
> anonymous ones that reply to Graham, the permutations of them that
> spam Toto, and these.  :(
>
> If you want to rag on Tim or Vulis, please do so, but not by setting up
> spam bots.  Granted some of those are funny the first time you see them,
> but automating them makes them as welcome as listening to an annoying fly
> buzzing over and over in your face.
>
> Hell, the nice bomb making spam too is also a bitch being posted here.
> One could give the poster the benefit of the doubt, but it smells quite
> of the tactics used by the Postal fiends that mail child porno to an
> unsuspecting citizen unit, then arrest that citizen unit upon receipt.
> Lets not give the evil onesof the government more horsemen to ride over
> us. :(  A url to the stuff and a summary would have sufficed.  (And I'll
> restrain myself from saying that this was done by Vulis, though IMHO, it
> smells of his style of spam. :)
Right on.  It's nice, and cute the first and second time around,
afterwards, it just get's really annoying.

Thread