1997-05-12 - Re: cyberpass.net got a problem?

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@amaranth.com>
To: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Message Hash: 1d3b3e23c4c49f70dcdc60a5d21ebd223786eca62e7e1be72f65c548cc708ca2
Message ID: <199705122334.SAA26201@mailhub.amaranth.com>
Reply To: <199705122156.WAA02582@server.test.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-12 23:52:53 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 07:52:53 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 07:52:53 +0800
To: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: cyberpass.net got a problem?

In <199705122156.WAA02582@server.test.net>, on 05/12/97 at 03:56 PM,
   Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk> said:

>Hardly any traffic at all today.

>Is cyberpass.net ok?

>I sent a `who cypherpunks' to majordomo@cyberpass.net and got a response
>back instantly from sirius.infonex.com, so it's _there_.

>Most of the small amount of traffic that there is, seems to be from
>algebra.com and toad.com.

>I've just subscribed to algebra.com, in case I'm missing out on articles
>(my procmail will kill duplicates if any).

>How are people on algebra.com finding the traffic?  (2 articles dated 12th
>in total as of 21:40 GMT (+0)).

I have recieved only 2 messages from cyberpass today while I have received
27 from algebra no stats for toad as I am not subscribed to that list.

I am just finishing up my script to collect, log, & merge the two lists. I
hope to add in the news groups also to produce a daily cypherpunks digest.

I should have somthing up and running after I meet a production deadline
this weekend.

I could add some list analysis to my code producing a weekly and/or daily
report on the status of the various lists.

Let me know what kind of info you would like to see in the report and I
will see what I can come up with.

Also what would be a good size to split the daily digest at if it gets too
big?

Thanks,

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

Finger whgiii@amaranth.com for PGP Key and other info

Tag-O-Matic: How do you make Windows faster?  Throw it harder!

Thread