1997-05-28 - Re: Time Magazine: “No Privacy on the Web” (6/2/97)

Header Data

From: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
To: Declan McCullagh <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 42d9c4e31382a2f4606136a88e006337069b4f20f8f5d685b18796086ecdf38c
Message ID: <v03102800afb2673f0622@[10.0.2.15]>
Reply To: <v0300781eafb255b4b8c6@[168.161.105.191]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-28 23:39:08 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 07:39:08 +0800

Raw message

From: Steve Schear <azur@netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 07:39:08 +0800
To: Declan McCullagh <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Time Magazine: "No Privacy on the Web" (6/2/97)

>>Then there's the sidebar with our report on how much info we were able to
>>dig up on Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA), who has introduced legislation that
>>would slow the spread of Social Security Numbers. Yes, we found her SSN,
>>unlisted phone number, and home address, but we had to pay for some of it:

This sort of process should work well for compiling the government related
material for the public Distributed Dossier Server

Those living in SF for some time probably remember Feinstein's running
battle with the operator's of the O'Farrell Theater. a pioneer adult
entertainment establishment.  When mayor Dianne tried to crack down on the
O'Farrell, the owners retailiated by posting her private, unlisted, home
number on their marquis.  Almost as soon as she changed it they were able
to obtain the new number.  As I recall it really got under her skin.

--Steve

Thread