1997-05-17 - http://www.dataet.com/public/source/vsacmv20/

Header Data

From: DataETRsch@aol.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 451eaf9a316b6f0541264feba7ed6a67e5fbe73e9b3b0c4438ef81212fe301e7
Message ID: <9705162000541557203574@emout14.mail.aol.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1997-05-17 00:18:45 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 08:18:45 +0800

Raw message

From: DataETRsch@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 08:18:45 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: http://www.dataet.com/public/source/vsacmv20/

Hi,

Here are the addresses of the slightly modified versions of the Pascal source
code files of VSA2048 Cryptography Module V2.0 (the shareware trial edition
version):

http://www.dataet.com/public/source/vsacmv20/vsacm.dpr
http://www.dataet.com/public/source/vsacmv20/intunit.pas
http://www.dataet.com/public/source/vsacmv20/libunit.pas
http://www.dataet.com/public/source/vsacmv20/stdunit.pas

If you are not located within the United States, don't even consider viewing
the files.

Yes, I realize that the public release of the source code files is long
overdue (okay, REALLY long overdue), but I would appreciate it if you
e-mailed any suggestions, comments, criticisms, insults, etc. to
jeremy@dataet.com. As I am not subscribed to the cypherpunks' mailing list, I
would not receive any messages regarding the source code posted to the list.
It would be best to download VSACM V2.0 from our Web site and make use of the
help file included and analyze each function or procedure within the source
code systematically. VSACM.DPR is the main project file. INTUNIT.PAS
basically contains functions, procedures and data structures not directly
available to developers. LIBUNIT.PAS contains the functions and procedures
that are readily available to developers. STDUNIT.PAS contains the source of
the algorithm extensions.

Also, there is a VSA2048 encrypted binary file located at
http://www.dataet.com/public/source/vsacmv20/crackit.dat. The file was
encrypted using 120-bit (NOT 128-bit) VSA2048 key. Yes, I'm making things a
whole 8 bits easier (although the maximum key length is 2048 bits). The first
cypherpunk who develops a VSA2048 decryption utility, decrypts the file, and
sends decrypted message and the correct key to info@dataet.com and
cypherpunks@toad.com will receive a free basic Web site package. (Package
details are located at http://www.dataet.com). (Igor, this is it!)

If someone does indeed decrypt the file, I myself will post an apology and a
declaration that VSA2048 constitutes a defective encryption algorithm to the
cypherpunks mailing list. I will have the marketing of the VSA2048 encryption
algorithm discontinued.

The decryption utility must be a program that either incorporates the source
code internally or incorporates the source code as a compiled DLL. (You must
compile the given source code. The shareware trial edition version of VSACM
V2.0, which only allows keys up to 40 bits in length, is NOT compatible with
the given source code.)

The "contest" expires on June 20th, 1997. The message and the correct key
will be posted to cypherpunks@toad.com on June 21st, 1997. By the way, if
someone cannot hack the file by June 20th...well...I don't know who'll be
laughing then. After all, the applied key is only 120 bits in length. Also,
the contest is currently limited to those who are subscribed to the
cypherpunks' mailing list. There are no exceptions.

By the way, you can check out DataET Research's Web site at
http://www.dataet.com. (No, we're NOT using America Online as our Web space
provider anymore.)

Regards,

Jeremy Yu-Ramos