1997-05-16 - Re: Anonymous Remailers

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5140087df87931f1ce53faa00394848f7bedd8cb7e1955d31d9f8c8f6128a1bc
Message ID: <3.0.32.19970516110435.00736b80@netcom13.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 02:28:08 +0800

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 02:28:08 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anonymous Remailers

At 11:39 PM 5/15/97 CST, TruthMonger wrote:
>Tim May wrote:
>
>> Further, a clever little fix is to make one's own remailer site a link in
>> the chain. All a snooping subset of remailers can do is trace the message
>> back to your own remailers. Obviously, they can't know if the message was
>> merely _remailed_ through your site, or _originated_ there. Thus, including
>> oneself as a remailer also provides excellent plausible deniability.)
>
>  This is a lame idea with no merit whatsoever.

Since Tim's statement describes today's standard practice for increasing
security for one's remailed messages, perhaps TruthMonger would like to
explain why it has no merit. But then again, TruthMonger = Infowar. Guess
we won't see an explanation that has merit.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi

Thread