1997-05-26 - Re: Nym Servers

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5fabe45aec22fca57dcae8f489c804081da4a1cca1ce3c459fe4421fa53f834b
Message ID: <Z4yB8D17w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199705262119.QAA13412@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-26 23:27:26 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 07:27:26 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 07:27:26 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Nym Servers

ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home) writes:

> Alan Olsen wrote:
> >
> > As well as active Cypherpunks mirrors, have there been many new nym servers
> > coming into existance?  Most of them seem to have been dying on the vine.
> >
> > Info on new or existing nym servers appreciated.  (I am not certain in Raph
> > has been covering them on the remailer list.)
> >

> As far as I understand, nym servers die because their maintainers get
> tired of the huge amount of mass mailings, mailbombings and complaints
> that these servers generate. Often enough they simply do not have the
> bandwidth or CPU resources to maintain them.

Stanford Wallace is doing an excellent job hosting "unpopular"
Internet features which the politically correct scum (like the
cocksucker John Gilmore) sought to censor - like www.Godhatesfags.com.

It's pricey, but it sounds like a nearly ideal site for remailers,
nym sevrers, and the like.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM