1997-05-21 - Poison Pill Defense

Header Data

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: 89d3ccac867eba765f04d50fd5a399086f76d2583c55e3d7f062760ade6eb661
Message ID: <199705202352.QAA28733@fat.doobie.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 08:02:57 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 08:02:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Subject: Poison Pill Defense

I hear from anonymous correspondents that the following
technique has been successfully deployed among some militia
members and cypherpunks who fear raids on their private
property.  Apparently the technique was originally invented
by a biotech lab that the FDA was planning to shut down in an
uncivil manner when Kessler first came to power.  The
lab was never raided.

Preliminary: choose a suitable viral agent.  This may range
from a short, severe flu to Eubola, depending on the level
of deterrence desired and safety precautions you have available.
Long-latency debilitating diseases have also been suggested
as an especially effective deterrent that puts the property
owner at less risk of detection.  The property owner must
obtain both the agent and an effective vaccine.

Step one: immunize household members against this agent.

Step two: create "tamper avenging" packages around the
house.  Make them very suspicious looking (gun lockers,
boxes labeled "Danger: Toxic Materials", file folders
labeled "Assassination Schedule for December", and so on).
Don't put them where guests, pets, and so on can get to them,
but in places where the thugs will look.

Step two (detail): the tamper avenging package contains an
invisible film of the viral agent in fluid adsorbed to a suitable
carrier.  The carrier is a clear, thin film of sponge-like material that
produces a fine aerosol of virus containing fluid drops when
disturbed.  When the package is opened and disturbed, the
aerosol quickly shoots and and spreads throughout several
surrounding cubic meters.  Persons unprotected by immunization
or breathing masks are contaminated with high probability.
I've heard unconfirmed rumors of a special sponge material
that lasts for days, infecting a variety of government personnel
and contractors who come in contact with the evidence, and
in some cases, depending on the particular vector,
people they in turn come in intimate contact with.

Obviously I have not provided enough useful information
in this post to propery implement this technique.  Don't
try this at home without the help of paid professionals
(who I hear are making a killing now with the recent
spate of raids against militias, patriot groups, cypherpunks,
and so on).

Give me Liberty or Give me Death;
Johnny Appleseed

Thread