1997-05-30 - Re: How much you lose under Social Security – socialsecurity.org

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 8de7aa90705ab3f0823194a05c839128ec47a31b2fd809a6851c7347a723bae3
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970530154726.11689B-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
Reply To: <v03102801afb4ccdecef3@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-30 20:06:12 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 04:06:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 04:06:12 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: How much you lose under Social Security -- socialsecurity.org

On Fri, 30 May 1997, Tim May wrote:

> And the Congressvermin are still attempting to impose an "exit tax" on
> accumulated assets, so that if I tried to move my assets (remember, assets
> = property = purchased things, not at all the same thing as "income") to
> some other country.

This is really a double tax since if you own assets, you've already paid
taxes on those said assets in the form of income tax.  If it's an
inheritance, that too was taxed, so what the fuck?  What's the
justification behind this other than exit rape?

I suppose one way is to take loads of trips and loads of AmEx traveler's
checks, then gamble on things with 50% chance of winning, take the
winnings and dump'em in accounts outside.  Repeat until nothing's left,
then exit with very little.

> As we all know, the SS system is just a gigantic Ponzi scheme. Like
> gambling, the government runs operations it imprisons others for running.

So let's sue the system.  Might fail, but maybe we can get it the fuck out
of our income taxes.  One less tax to bother with.  Since it no longer
does what it is supposed to, might as well get rid of it.  One way is to
calculate how much you've put in it, and what is expected you'll receive
on retirement.  Compare the two, then sue the bastards.   (I donno what
I've been smoking, but I should get more of it, that's for sure. heheheh)

> I'm not even sure that 60 megatons of disinfectant would handle the cancer
> that is Washington.

Not worth wasting the disinfectant IMHO.  I'd say take the money, purchase
the favors of AIDS infect whores and throw congress and the senate a
really big party. :)  Oh, and make sure the condoms have holes.

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "Boy meets beer.  Boy drinks Beer,     |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder@sundernet.com|        Boy gets another beer!"         |/\|/\
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  | For with those which eternal lie, with |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"| strange aeons, even death may die.     |.....

Thread