1997-05-25 - Re: Too few cypherpunks nodes.

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: whgiii@amaranth.com
Message Hash: 94b443448907616f93a9710810e30ddbf405345a18d4ad988431901b58527baa
Message ID: <199705250338.WAA26600@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <199705241834.NAA15516@mailhub.amaranth.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-25 03:45:48 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 11:45:48 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 11:45:48 +0800
To: whgiii@amaranth.com
Subject: Re: Too few cypherpunks nodes.

digest is a standard function of majordomo

igor

William H. Geiger III wrote:

> In <199705240549.AAA11795@manifold.algebra.com>, on 05/23/97
>    at 11:49 PM, ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home) said:
>
> >Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> >As the time goes on and I see what is happening inside and outside our
> >list, I am getting increasingly concerned about the small number of hosts
> >in the cypherpunks network.
>
> >Practically, most of the people use only two nodes, Kent's and mine, and
> >thanks to Jim, we have three operating ones. I do not believe that it is
> >good enough.
>
> >If anyone has any creative idea of how to get a couple more reliable
> >nodes, please share it.
>
> I should have a new node up shorly.
>
> This will be a cypherpunks-digest node.
>
> I plan on taking input from the 3 current nodes, remove any duplicates and
> then send out 1 or 2 digest messages a day (depending on volume).
>
> I will be working this weekend on the digest code, hopfully I can have
> things up and running sometime next week depending on how much time "real"
> work takes up.
>
> Once I have the digest list set-up I can start posting some statistics on
> the "quality of service" on the various lists.
>
> I do not plan on filtering any traffic with the exception of "denial of
> service" attacks (100 ascii art messages, ...). I may not have to even do
> this if the other lists already take care of this.
>
> As soon as I have more info I will post it to the list.
>
> PS: What does everyone think of CC: alt.cypherpunks with the digest?
>

> Thanks,
>
> - --
> William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii
> Geiger Consulting    Cooking With Warp 4.0
>
> Author of E-Secure - PGP Front End for MR/2 Ice
> PGP & MR/2 the only way for secure e-mail.
>
> Tag-O-Matic: He who laughs last uses OS/2.

	- Igor.

Thread