1997-05-07 - A “Mega” Opportunity

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 9e14369af64a43dde24532aadb0869c31c80bf3e10712f62b7054b4760302145
Message ID: <v03007800af96938f3c65@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19970507162104.0087bf20@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-07 19:34:27 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 03:34:27 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 03:34:27 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: A "Mega" Opportunity

At 8:21 AM -0800 5/7/97, John Young wrote:
>Wash Post reports today on a NSA intercept of
>a "secure communication" between two Israeli
>spooks discussing a top US official spying for
>Israel.
>
>The FBI opened an investigation in January.
>
>Israel denies the claim.
>
>Crypto is not mentioned, only that the Hebrew
>conversation was "awkwardly" translated.
>
>The intercept was withdrawn after 12 hours from
>the distribution list due to FBI's dismay at its
>spread.

It might be fun to send some remailed messges to addesses within the
Israeli embassy (Alta Vista should turn up some valid e-mail addresses),
using various keywords like "Mega" (the code name of the highly-placed
Israeli spy), the Christopher report, Arafat, Dimona, Operation Jericho,
South Africa, and various nuclear-related terms.). A suggested sort of
message:

"Urgent that Mega exercise Option A and leave Goyland. Encode latest nuke
secrets in stego image of Golda Meier at clothing optional beach."

--Tim May, who supports "Mega's Law," which requires that the National
Security Agency notify the neighbors about any spies resettled to their
neighborhoods