1997-05-13 - Re: whine politics again

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Monique Lamont <alice0@hotmail.com>
Message Hash: a52869de9eb8268324de26b8a0a681b9031c65ae5bdea52150e204d9cf6b868d
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970512210606.266A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <199705111833.LAA28472@f33.hotmail.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-13 14:37:40 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 22:37:40 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 22:37:40 +0800
To: Monique Lamont <alice0@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: whine politics again

> on the subject of wine-importing restrictions in florida:
>
> tcmay wrote:
> > Chiles and his co-conspirators should be shot for high crimes > against the
> > Constitution. After Clinton, Freeh, Kerrey, and the other traitors.
> >
> > Every day that passes, I'm more convinced that McVeigh did the right > thing.
> > Some innocents died, but, hey, war is hell. Broken eggs and all > that.
>
> oh yaah.  you betcha.
>
> it's illegal to ship wine to floridans now, so therefore it is okay
> to execute the responsible officials and blow up innocents.

The blowing up of innocents is something no-one on this list would agree
with were it not entirely necessary. Indeed I myself would have great
problems in justifying the killing of even 1 innocent person by calling
the fight for liberty "war".

Execution of the responsible officials would be no crime. I applaud the
sentiments of those who support this viewpoint, and would respect the
bravery and fortitude of anyone who carried out such an act, provided
they recognised the necessary step of taking precautions against injuring
innocent bystanders (tm).

> no doubt there are hundreds of cypherpunks out there nodding
> their heads in blithe agreement at this point.

Of course, but you have twisted this point to imply that Tim meant to say
the killing of innocents was something to be "brushed aside" as a
necessary step. Maybe Tim does feel that the loss of a few innocent lives
in a war situation is justifiable, I have problems with this and have
said so in previous posts, but I can see the logic behind it, this seems
to me a very slippery and difficult question to answer, YMMV.

> HELLO PEOPLE!  buy a clue from the Discount Clue Store, and
> while you are out, stop by the Jiffy Lube and get your
> common human decency refilled.

Common human decency, almost like common sense, the metaphysics of savages.

Your definition of common human decency must be fatally flawed if you
believe the actions of the criminal bureacrats in the system do not
justify the executions of these evil officials. It is merely an act of
self defence to execute people who violate the rights of other people.

You are the one who seems to need to get the proverbial clue, If you
merely mean to say that the killing of innocents in the name of "war" is
not justifiable, then I have a great deal of sympathy and a certain
amount of agreement with your point of view, if you mean to say that the
execution of those who violate our rights is not justified as a form of
self defence or even as a form of punishment for their crimes then you
could not be further from the truth.

Also, on a slightly more practical point, as I have said, if one was to
bomb any major commercial or government building the chances of killing a
truly innocent person are fairly small anyway.

Thread