1997-05-28 - Re: CRACKIT.DAT increased to 50,000 bytes.

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: DataETRsch@aol.com
Message Hash: c7abf47747c6aeec1f6c00dc337246f564f660fdccc0c68fc62a116995fe6907
Message ID: <199705280337.WAA28169@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <970527175002_2019806503@emout15.mail.aol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-28 04:54:54 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:54:54 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 12:54:54 +0800
To: DataETRsch@aol.com
Subject: Re: CRACKIT.DAT increased to 50,000 bytes.

Jeremy,

I must commend you for your helpfulness and cooperation. Not being a
professional cryptographer, I believe that your algorithms are not
very strong, but I will be happy if you and others prove me wrong.

Actions such as yours inspire trust in the cryptographic software
that you write, if it passes the review.

Thank you.

	- Igor.

DataETRsch@aol.com wrote:

> << The test file is only 836 bytes long.  Could you please post a file
>  consisting of, say, 50.000 space characters encrypted with the same
>  key? >>
>
> 50,000 with the same key? Sure. A new file will be posted under the same name
> as the previously posted one. The same key will be used to encrypt the file
> before posting. Contest details will be reposted. By the way, a simple
> VSA2048 decryption program will be released soon so that there will not exist
> a need to develop one to decrypt the file. Also, the contest expiration date
> has been extended to July 1st, 1997. Good luck!
>
> Again, random XOR is *not* the only method used to encrypt data. In fact,
> random XOR could be left out. Consider examining VSACMInternal (in
> INTUNIT.PAS) and VSACMProcessOperation in LIBUNIT.PAS for additional
> information.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeremy Yu-Ramos
> DataET Research