1997-05-11 - No Subject

Header Data

From: lucifer@dhp.com (lucifer Anonymous Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c8b799127ef3061191810da12092b0f011a86d14a94d21d311311d477b2af684
Message ID: <199705110618.CAA13578@dhp.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 14:33:32 +0800

Raw message

From: lucifer@dhp.com (lucifer Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 14:33:32 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

##
Subject: Re: Disinformation in L.A.

On or About 10 May 97 at 19:23, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:

> Duncan Frissell wrote:
> > On Sat, 10 May 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:
> >
> > > I would expect a "cypherpunk riot" to be a little more aimed at
> > > cyberspace than real-world suburban neighborhoods.  Wouldn't
> > > you?
> > There will be a few unfortunate explosions in the world over the
> > next few years so I'm sure Tim is just hoping for a beneficial
> > target selection.

Those who tell don't know, those who know don't tell.

> Duncan, it is doubtful that there is any member of this mailing
> list, at least of those whom I have seen posting, who will dare to
> raise his fat ass and blow something up.

Man, Igor, you really hit that on the head.  My "blowing things up"
days are long over.  That was 20 years or more ago AND 50-75 pounds.

I say "Leave that to the younger ones, who think they are
indestructable, anyway"

> The "radicals" are mostly sitting and waiting for something dramatic
> to happen, preferably as far from their nice houses and bank
> accounts as possible.

I've got a nice condo, a wife who is straight arrow, and a bigger
bank account than I had in the militant hippie daze.  I would,
however take up arms for the cause of state's rights.  I love my state
far more than my country, even if I am a Nam vet.

Of course I do considerable fire power at my disposal.  All legal, by
the way (at the time of this writing).

> Jim Bell might be an exception, but I would not bet on him.

Thread