1997-05-31 - RE: The Bible Code

Header Data

From: Chris DiBona <chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
To: “cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: d51d55038b14ef652556d3031b84ae9ae63c7cb159d74574aab4ffcede988539
Message ID: <01BC6DC8.92A51370@chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 05:01:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Chris DiBona <chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 1997 05:01:30 +0800
To: "cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: RE: The Bible Code

Hello again...

I see this sort of thing as being like when people see jesus in a bar of
saop and charge a buck to the suckers who come to see it. Okay... here's
the EMAIL code. I you read the following message:

On Saturday, May 31, 1997 12:10 PM, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM
[SMTP:dlv@bwalk.dm.com] wrote:
> lucifer@dhp.com (lucifer Anonymous Remailer) writes:
> > I will shortly be releasing my new book, "The ASCII Code" which
> > outlines the predictions made based on decrypting the hidden
> > messages in the ASCII artwork sent to the cypherpunks list.
> >
> > Since none of the predictions have proven accurate, my book
> > speculates that perhaps Tim May isn't a cocksucker, after all.
>
> But John Gilmore is surely a cocksucker.
>
> I've met Rips, who's supposedly behind this "bible code" nonsense.
> He's an asshole, and I dismiss anything he says as total bullshit.
>
> ---
>
> Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM
> Brighton Beach Boardwalk BBS, Forest Hills, N.Y.: +1-718-261-2013,
14.4Kbps

and put it though a filter using the "bible code" method.. you get :

stupid dorks will buy this book.

>From characters :

3,5,6,.... you get the point.

Suckers.