1997-05-05 - Re: Controversial Commercial ISP for Remailer?

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Message Hash: e9f9408631538613505cfa22b55ad5fcadc1a98972a09484dcd7fa048badbd44
Message ID: <199705052058.PAA15223@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <199705052033.NAA26438@fat.doobie.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-05 21:26:03 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 05:26:03 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Tue, 6 May 1997 05:26:03 +0800
To: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Subject: Re: Controversial Commercial ISP for Remailer?

Huge Cajones Remailer wrote:
> Well, such an ISP exists, but there's a catch.  It's Cyberpromo.com --
> An ISP whose reputation capital was already so LOW that another
> gigabyte of flames to the postmaster wouldn't really be noticed.
> The good news is that service is pretty cheap - $50/2yrs POP+autoresponder,
> or $39 one-time for a mail forwarder.  Don't know if he takes anonymous
> accounts, but probably does, since money orders are more reliable than most
> of his customers :-)  Also don't know how he'd respond to subpoenas and
> warrants (probably quickly?) or wiretap requests (he's not a telco),
> or how long before he'll be assassinated or banned or IDPd.
>
> The bad news, of course, is that Spamford's negative reputation rubs off
> on the whole remailer system, and you risk a lot more spamming and
> anti-spammer attacks on your remailer (hence more administration work),
> and you risk raising Spamford's public image, and it does involve
> giving money to Spamford, which could be viewed as rewarding bad behaviour.
> You'd probably want to limit the remailer to one email destination per
> message to cut down on spamming.
>
> #			Thanks;  Bill
> # Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
> # You can get PGP outside the US at ftp.ox.ac.uk/pub/crypto/pgp
> #     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)

the problem with spamford is that many sites ignore everything (IP packets,
email messages, and so on) that comes from there.

algebra.com, for example, ignores all email from cyberpromo and all
affiliated domains.

If i discover that there is something useful taht comes out of there, *i*
may fine tune my setup, but do not hope that other sites will be as nice.

	- Igor.

Thread