1997-05-13 - Re: `careerpunks’

Header Data

From: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: ff94ac2c1efc09fa5545962cee80b766efb45b24c8089e6c848fe3fac3325092
Message ID: <199705131739.KAA29311@crypt.hfinney.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 02:51:19 +0800

Raw message

From: Hal Finney <hal@rain.org>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 02:51:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: `careerpunks'

Adam Back, <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>, writes:
> In trying to figure out which lists were working, I noticed that there
> are now many more people on coderpunks and cryptography than there are
> on cypherpunks... take a look at these figures:
>
>   713 cryptography@c2.net
>   713 coderpunks@toad.com
>   245 cypherpunks@algebra.com + cypherpunks@cyberpass.net - duplicates

Coderpunks has not been very active, I think (although I don't always
notice which messages come from which lists).  Perry Metzger's moderated
cryptography@c2.net has had some good discussions lately, including
contributions from such people as Carl Ellison and Matt Blaze.  There
was an interesting proposal from James Donald for a possible approach
to what they are calling CACK, "Corporate Access to Corporate Keys",
without facilitating GAK, "Government Access to Keys".

The cypherpunks list continues to have the edge in political commentary
and bomb-making instructions. :-)

Hal

Thread