1997-06-07 - UK cryptography list

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 0b4b9c1250e3d3607a06859a6f527fbc36162d233d2c949c54bc74a3982d7072
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970607213945.10544A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Raw Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 05:51:14 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 05:51:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: UK cryptography list

After much playing with majordomo I have decided to create a UK
cryptography list, I intend the list to focus on UK cryptography
research, law, activism, announcements of conferences/meetings etc...

The list is being hosted on fatmans.demon.co.uk, which is served by a
dial up connection, so message latency will be around 12 hours on
average, but I do not see this as a problem as I imagine list traffic
will not be very high.

Of course, the list will be open for anyone to subscribe whether in the
UK or not, and it will be totally unmoderated (with the exception of
majordomos command filter which sends posts containing the string
"subscribe" to the list owner instead of the list).

the string "subscribe crypto" in the message body.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/