1997-06-16 - Re: Anonymous proxies & ITAR question (fwd)

Header Data

From: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@amaranth.com>
To: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Message Hash: 358b4574b3b7118c913a5126bf5553f05273e6d5f7bb51aa6d27f72b87987035
Message ID: <199706162330.SAA25461@mailhub.amaranth.com>
Reply To: <199706162250.RAA01843@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-16 23:44:42 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 07:44:42 +0800

Raw message

From: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 07:44:42 +0800
To: Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com>
Subject: Re: Anonymous proxies & ITAR question (fwd)

In <199706162250.RAA01843@einstein.ssz.com>, on 06/16/97
   at 05:50 PM, Jim Choate <ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com> said:

>Hi,

This point I was trying to make was that the renter of property should not
be held resposable for "illegal" items that may be on that property
without his knowledge.

Since every truck I have ever rented included a physical inspection of the
truck (basically to note all the dents and dings that were already there)
it would be hard to say that you had no knowldge of the trailer being
filled with coke (well it would be easy to say but no one would beleive
you). Such inspections do not include checking ashtrays, cracks between
the seats, taking off the door pannels, ...ect and the renter should not
be held responcible unless it could be *proved* that he was the one that
put the items there and not someone else.

>I can see it now,

>"Sorry sir, we had to let him go. He only 1/4 raped her."

Now you are being silly and not to the point of the disscusion. This was
not about wether possession of a "roach" should be more or less legal than
100K of coke. The point was wether the renter should be held accountable
for possesion of "illegal" substances that he had no prior knowledge of.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://www.amaranth.com/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html

Thread