1997-06-13 - Re: Burn flag = unconstitutional

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Jim Choate <ravage@einstein.ssz.com>
Message Hash: 3ae0a74053ed1eb4901f12f792e68f69ad20a6d38479e1ea56f1983be29f9e00
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970613145314.197B-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <199706130033.TAA12063@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-13 19:06:04 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 03:06:04 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 03:06:04 +0800
To: Jim Choate <ravage@einstein.ssz.com>
Subject: Re: Burn flag = unconstitutional

> >    WASHINGTON (AP) -- The House voted overwhelmingly today for a proposed
> >    constitutional amendment against flag desecration, an issue pushed by
> >    conservatives since Republicans took over Congress in 1995.
> >
> >    The House tally, held two days before Flag Day, was 310-114.

Sigh, as we well know this is another ammendment (for another good example
look at say the 18th) which degrades the US constitution and bill of
rights by making the whole thing self contradictory. I now assume that
flag burning will have penalties, and that "inciting" flag burning will
be criminal???

All of those in the US: Time to get out the stars and stripes, some gasoline
and the matches.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org