1997-06-12 - Re: Photo ID is not needed for key signings…

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: Mark Grant <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 410a0712cf41ad1a8d9ced16bfba72282f4c14919bae8d0a5a6aa06fa776ce18
Message ID: <v03102800afc5c63790f4@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <Pine.SOL.3.96.970612071503.3692A-100000@sirius.infonex.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-12 15:49:12 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 23:49:12 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 1997 23:49:12 +0800
To: Mark Grant <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Photo ID is not needed for key signings...

At 7:20 AM -0700 6/12/97, Mark Grant wrote:

>No, they're binding supposedly government-issued ids to keys. There's a
>difference.
>
>There are three problems with signing keys based on government-issued ids.
>

> 2. Governments will issue fake ids to their agents, so there's no
>    proof that that 'Mark Grant' is 'really' 'Mark Grant' and not
>    'Joe Sasquatch, NSA, FBI, BATF'.

I understand that "Joe Sasquatch" is actually the newly-issued name for the
BATFag formerly known as "Lon Horiuchi." He can run, but he can't hide
(forever).

(Talk about your assassination politics! The militias have a price on that
guy's head.)

The USG is of course one of the main liars about identity, using
government-issued credentials to lie about past and current identities.
Check into the so-called "Witness Security Program," aka WitSec. (Popularly
known as "Witness Protection.")

A recent vintage list of mappings between apparent True Names and
government-issued fake names, including faked credit reports (the three
major CRAs are of course complicit in this fakery), was floating around in
the underground community a few years ago...acquired from a government
surplus disk drive arrray bought in Martinsburg, W. Va. Many interesting
uses of such a list of stool pigeons and traitors.

Fascinating times, eh?

--Tim May