1997-06-28 - CIA’s Manual on Assassination Politics

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 6704fa5a84bd341a5938df692ee8d0d46b6017a7cd6d58db0fa9a29a2a8ce4c9
Message ID: <v03102807afdaf4009156@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199706280416.XAA04026@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-28 17:14:37 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 01:14:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 01:14:37 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: CIA's Manual on Assassination Politics

At 9:44 AM -0700 6/28/97, Lucky Green wrote:

>I would urge anyone interested in explosives, but unfamiliar with them, to
>first read the following books before attempting any recipes out of the
>"Anarchist's Cookbook" and similar publications. Your
>extremities/eyes/health will thank you.
>
>TM 31-210 Army Technical Manual "Improvised Munitions Handbook"
>TM 31-201-1 Army Technical Manual "Unconventional Warfare Devices and
>Techniques: Incendiaries"

Likewise, anyone interested in Assassination Politics should get ahold of
the CIA's training manual for assassins and covert operatives. This manual
was used extensively in training locals in Nicaragua to kill members of the
democratically elected government in Nicaragua. (And Diem, and Lumumba, and
Guevara, and on and on.)

Interestingly, when a Pakistani (or maybe Afghani) native practiced AP on
some CIA agents at the front gate of the Langley facility, the CIA then
spent $5 million tracking him down, even paying $2-3 M in finders fees.

>Both paperbacks can be purchased at any gun show for about $5 each.
>

>It is available for free at any ATF field office. No, they won't ask for
>ID. In fact, they couldn't care less who comes by to pick up a copy.

Though I rather suspect finding the CIA's domestic field offices might be
tough, so asking for a copy of the CIA's manual on assassination would be
problematic. Too bad nobody has bothered yet to scan and OCR it and put it
on the Web. Now _that_ would be a blow!

Foreign offices of the CIA might be easier to locate. Just walk up to any
embassy gate and ask to speak to the Cultural Attache.

(And various CIA and DIA agents in various countries have their names
published in the opposition press, the same kinds of press that Germany and
other neo-fascist regimes are shutting down, a al Radikal and Integral and
whatnot.)

--Tim May