1997-06-25 - Japan & bombing the US

Header Data

From: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Message Hash: 6da6f8ed00b7ed77720097757f659ce13868b9f0f201bc6feeedd7c88aec5d81
Message ID: <199706250000.TAA27658@einstein.ssz.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:28:10 +0800

Raw message

From: Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:28:10 +0800
To: cypherpunks@ssz.com (Cypherpunks Distributed Remailer)
Subject: Japan & bombing the US

Hi,

Several people have made comment on the difference between states and
protectorates of one sort or another in reference to the comment I made
about Oregon being the only US state to be bombed in WWII. While this is
technicaly true if you go back and look at the original posting I replied
too was made in the context of US involvment in the war and how isolated
we were, so isolated, the claim went, that the Japanese were unable to
invade or otherwise attack the US.

While it is true that Oregon was the only area attacked which was a state
under the context of US possessions being attacked it is false.

The main point here is that the original proposal was incorrect due to more
than a semantic technicality. This brings the whole issue of the US sitting
out the war into question. A question I answer strongly in the negative. It
is not possible that the US could have sat out the war as a neutral.

   |        /:'///// ``::>/|/                     http:// www.ssz.com/  |
   |                                                 ravage@ssz.com     |