1997-06-15 - Re: e$: Skins vs. Shirts

Header Data

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 727312e757ba3aa931edc0f4e8b6cfb54fc911c4e86a1f737046c8a698aef03f
Message ID: <1.5.4.32.19970615122126.008e4e64@pop.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:36:12 +0800

Raw message

From: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:36:12 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: e$: Skins vs. Shirts

Tom Weinstein wrote:

>Just to be clear, we didn't give the blackmailer any money.  As Mike
>Homer put it: "We don't bargain with terrorists."

That's rather inflammatory name-calling. Sounds a bit Kallstromish, no?
Surely Homer hasn't been hanging with the CT-hypers.

However, it confirms Tim's surmise that we're facing an inflation of
terrorist-spin to whatever feeds nightsweats of monsters coming to
Ballmer our babies -- of flesh, markets or surveilling features.

Still, is it any surprise to the burgeoning snoopers (prurient, commercial or
law) that most personal computer disks are as empty of content as those
of data banks, government, military, corporations and other XXX sites?
They're stuffed with make-work idleness, slightly Dilberted with lonely-guy
infowar & -love games of fantasies of what will never be.

Recall Mitnick's find on The Well, Shimomura, the telcos and the feds -- lots
of empty data and wannabe-prattle.

In that case, the Feds and the victims conspired to script a film to make the
nothingness seem valuable, when what they really feared that it would be
shown to be worthless junk.

Not that NSCP would sink to that kind of RSA Schwartau TLA insecurity.

Thread