1997-06-29 - Dr. Dobbs Cryptography and Security CD-ROM

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
To: coderpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7def18fec2f47fa91c803433689782a4cfd578b5c5b52261f1e3834bb365a7f9
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19970629105616.03c32a40@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 02:04:08 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 02:04:08 +0800
To: coderpunks@toad.com
Subject: Dr. Dobbs Cryptography and Security CD-ROM

While reading the latest issue of Dr. Dobbs, I found something of interest...

Dr. Dobbs Essential Books on Cryptography and Security CD-ROM
Price $99.95

Includes the following books:

-- Applied Cryptology, Cryptographic Protocols, and Computer Security
Models by Richard Demillo

-- Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms, and Source Code in C,
Second Edition by Bruce Schneier

-- Contemporary Cryptology: The Science of Information Integrity edited by
Gustavus J. Simmons

-- Cryptography and Data Security by Dourthy Denning

-- Cryptography: A New Dimension in Computer Data Security by Carl Meyer

-- Cryptography: Theory and Practice by Douglas Stinson

-- Handbook of Applied Cryptography by Paul C. Van Oorschot, Scott A.
Vanstone, and Alfred Menezes

-- Military Cryptanalysis, Volumes I-IV by William Friedman

-- "RSA Laboratories FAQ on Cryptography," "RSA Labratories Technical
Reports," "RSA Laboratories Security Bullitens," and "CryptoBytes Newsletter".

The CD-ROM also boasts having a search engine.  (No indication as to what
OS.  Probably Wintel only.)

It is supposed to be shipping in July.

It is only available to US customers.

Phone orders: 1-800-992-0549
E-mail: orders@mfi.com
Fax: 913-841-2624

Mail:
  Dr. Dobbs CD-ROM Library
  1601 West 23rd St, Ste. 200
  Lawrence, KS 66046-2703

[Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Dr. Dobbs other than being a
subscriber.]

I plan on getting it as it has at least one book I have been planning on
buying that costs about what the CD-ROM runs...  I will tell people how
good it is when I get it.

---
|              "That'll make it hot for them!" - Guy Grand               |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com/~alan/       |alan@ctrl-alt-del.com|

Thread