1997-06-15 - Re: Netscape Update

Header Data

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
To: N/A
Message Hash: 807e2c9b413e830b1a04291d36f6b6907dc08d6bcd60830d467039569997d638
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.970615163723.494B-100000@shirley>
Reply To: <199706150718.DAA28831@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-15 10:49:02 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:49:02 +0800

Raw message

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 18:49:02 +0800
Subject: Re: Netscape Update

On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, lucifer Anonymous Remailer wrote:

[...]

>   Similarly, the government and corporations want systems designed to
> allow them access to all available information passing through the
> internet system and then cry "abuse" or "security bug" when individuals
> discover how to use the design to their advantage.

I don't beleave in this case that it was a intentional feature.  For one
thing if I was creating such a trapdoor in my program, I would make use of
some sort of public key system so that only I could access it.

Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  Buy easter bilbies.
Save the ABC Is $0.08 per day too much to pay?  ex-net.scum and prouud
I'm sorry but I just don't consider 'because its yukky' a convinceing argument

Thread