1997-06-25 - GAH–Government Access to Humor

Header Data

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a3994feecf035ea98f713a87a87d9430f2cfa935efe0f0ee060e6a41de5660d3
Message ID: <199706250550.WAA26851@fat.doobie.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:04:49 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 14:04:49 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: GAH--Government Access to Humor

>From the News of the Weird:

* Unclear on the Concept:  In January, Bamrer Pong-insee, a
spokesman for the Professional Comedians Association of
Thailand, said its members will soon be prohibited by rule from
being impolite on stage.  Especially barred are obscene language,
physical humor in which pain is implied, and being disrespectful to
a colleague's parents.

  In reading the above, I realized that in order for the policy to work
properly there will have to be penalties for audience members who laugh
at inappropriate (illegal?) humor. A suitable agency will have to be
formed to enforce these new regulations. Soon the Laughing Police will
be no laughing matter.
  Politicians will be falling all over each other to show the voters
that they are "hard on crime" and will eventually call for the death
penalty for violators. (Sending them to the Laughing-Gas chamber.)

SeriousMonger
{I tried to make it in comedy, but everyone laughed at me.}

Thread