1997-06-14 - This is NOT trespassing.

Header Data

From: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
To: N/A
Message Hash: bd5672ff14ee6f4e904c5c210dec4c337c95d08b83bb30178756610316ec8bb7
Message ID: <199706141643.MAA001.36@butternut.nist.gov>
Raw Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 00:55:10 +0800

Raw message

From: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 00:55:10 +0800
Subject: This is NOT trespassing.

Did you pay for your TV?  Do you buy electricity by the KWH?
Pay a monthly cable bill?  If so, then why isn't a television
commercial considered theft of your televised resources?

Doesn't it cost something to ride the bus?  Then why aren't
the public transport's advertisers guilty of stealing your
wallspace?

What about newspapers, magazines, radio stations, going to
the movies, driving on any road, almost any PAID activity in
life?  Each has its attendent advertisments and commercials.

We PAY for an enormous percentage of solicitations.  Everyday.

WHY SHOULD YOUR EMAIL BOX BE ANY DIFFERENT?

Fact is, it isn't.  Nor will it ever be.  When you make any
contact in public via any media or communication form, there
will come invitations, solicitations, possibly vexations and
the like.  It's one of the prices we must pay in order to be
able to communicate at all.

P.S. sure is hard to tell what's "blue" these days.

Thread