1997-06-15 - SnailMail Ver. 1.0–Content Recovery now available

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ce8e62e3579bb7ca46e2769f75c248e177c0bdd4aace22a83a30182e075ef203
Message ID: <v03102800afca2121c48f@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <199706151937.PAA11998@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-15 23:19:18 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 07:19:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 07:19:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: SnailMail Ver. 1.0--Content Recovery now available

At 12:37 PM -0700 6/15/97, lucifer Anonymous Remailer wrote:

>  SnailMail Version 1.0 will soon be coming out. The product includes
>a pen, paper, envelopes and instructions on how to purchase stamps.
>  While it does not offer perfect security, the chances are that
>the only person who might snoop through it is your postman. Since
>he is probably banging your spouse, he's practically a member of
>the family, anyway.
>  SnailMail Version 1.0 also includes letter-size envelopes so that
>you can print out a copy of your Web page and mail it without bending
>or folding it.

A Content Recovery Version (TM) is available from Trusted Disinformation
Systems (TDS), of Fort Meade, Maryland.

"Content Recovery is being demanded by many companies," said TDS President
Walker Harper. "Companies are fearful of not knowing what their employees
are sending, so they want Content Recovery for all outgoing mail. And it
meets the LNLE criteria (legitimate needs of law enforcement)."

TDS has licensed the technology under the tradename "Postcards."

--Tim May