1997-06-19 - Re: HACKERS SMASH U.S. GOVERNMENT ENCRYPTION STANDARD

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: df59b37e438b4fe8ef3707e4b690b2671d6c4801762c9ad525eefa54ca7f668f
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970619094828.559E-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <199706190155.SAA08785@gabber.c2.net>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-19 09:31:46 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:31:46 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:31:46 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: HACKERS SMASH U.S. GOVERNMENT ENCRYPTION STANDARD

> INetZ vice president Jon Gay said "We hope that this will encourage
> people to demand the highest available encryption security, such as
> the 128-bit security provided by C2Net's Stronghold product, rather
> than the weak 56-bit ciphers used in many other platforms."

INetZ obviously hasn`t had experience of C2Net, the censorous cocksuckers
who send lawyer letters to security consultants who question the strength
of their products.

> C2Net is the leading worldwide provider of uncompromised Internet
> security software. C2Net's encryption products are developed entirely
> outside the United States, allowing the firm to offer full-strength
> cryptography solutions for international communications and
> commerce.

C2Net also censor all dissenters over the security of their products, try
it if you want to prove my point, just post a message to a security forum
questioning the security of stronghold.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org