1997-06-03 - Re: May’s Banal Rant

Header Data

From: Asgaard <asgaard@cor.sos.sll.se>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: e1bba0a553d04d0e2b1db37ed82939aaa579db3f61a318caab73f4aa9793d79c
Message ID: <Pine.HPP.3.91.970603194454.19822D-100000@cor.sos.sll.se>
Reply To: <v03102807afb8d61f070a@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-03 18:39:50 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 02:39:50 +0800

Raw message

From: Asgaard <asgaard@cor.sos.sll.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 02:39:50 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Re: May's Banal Rant

On Mon, 2 Jun 1997, Tim May wrote:

>>I believe I'm under a fair risk of being named as a co-conspirator
>>of Bell's...

But on the contrary, I clearly remember that you were one of very
few who actually warned Jim Bell in clear language that he might be
crossing the line in some particular rants, where he parted from the
more or less pure theoretical level of discussion and hinted 'threats'
at almost-named 'targets'. Of course, he was in many peoples killfiles
and others just wouldn't bother to comment on what was generally looked
upon as lunacy - he has many more 'friends' on the list now than he ever
had before his arrest, and that's understandable (protection of the
right for loons to speak up). Your warning him (twice, I think) was
a show of good-heartedness, really, as he might well have listened more
to you than to those publically dismissing him with just utter disgust
(like Phill Hallam-Baker*).

Asgaard

*Why is it that people of finer (?) English heritage often has a double
second name? Someone once suggested to me that it originates from having
(or an ancestor having) adopted the name of both one's 'marital' father
and one's biological father, for reasons of property inheritance, but
I never believed that one. Just curious.

Thread