1997-07-18 - Re: Microsoft will NOT ship browser with RSACi on by default

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Message Hash: 0983a519abc4095302a651aca9a60c34c94425f2836205035a50b3dc098b6a9e
Message ID: <v031107b4aff52c604dfb@[139.167.130.247]>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.93.970717104955.314B-100000@shirley>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-18 15:22:01 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:22:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:22:01 +0800
To: Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com>
Subject: Re: Microsoft will NOT ship browser with RSACi on by default

At 8:54 am -0400 on 7/18/97, Duncan Frissell wrote:

> But how many divisions does Mr. Bill have?

Let's see...

How much did that trip to see Clinton on Martha's Vinyard cost last year?
The price of a jet flight and luxocondo rent? Whatever campaign / GAK
consideration Mr. Bill gave Clinton/Gore '96 at the time certainly called
off an entire anti-trust action by the Justice Department in a big hurry.
One could say it netted him all Mirosoft stock appreciation since, about
$18 billion, says Forbes this week.

Of course, payback's a bitch, as we're finding out now in the current
campaign to "save our children from the Internet".

To answer your question, Duncan, Mr. Bill could just go to Bill96 and call
up an Army division anywhere he wanted, I bet, but, frankly, he's much more
likely to ask for Microsoft Internet 99 (nee' Internet II) instead.
Complete, of course, with a brand new feature: Book-Entry Routing(tm).

Payback would be a bitch, again, but it's not Mr. Bill who's paying, is it?

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/

Thread