1997-07-11 - Routing around damage

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 28df59012bbbb4f1e1ebc83db49ef7b7bfbb1fb0196f5403eab900ff53ea5a70
Message ID: <199707112041.WAA07968@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:51:06 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:51:06 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Routing around damage

Remember "the internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around
it"?  I'd be happy with an internet that interprets DAMAGE as damage and
routes around it.

>A minor construction accident in San Jose, California, caused
>three hours of Internet slowdowns this morning, especially for
>those trying to connect to and from West Coast Web sites.

>Backbone Internet providers route requests and information
>through about a half-dozen network access points (NAPs).
>When one has a problem, it can affect the entire Internet.

Thread