1997-07-25 - Re: Brit Fascists To Track Motorists - DigiCash Obsolescent

Header Data

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
To: frissell@panix.com
Message Hash: 63a69994e72a7d90ff8e85a484f404cf8ed9aac377d73382a0b622aab439e262
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.96.970725104334.21707D-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970725072354.03bfa02c@panix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-25 14:56:32 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 22:56:32 +0800

Raw message

From: Ray Arachelian <sunder@brainlink.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 22:56:32 +0800
To: frissell@panix.com
Subject: Re: Brit Fascists To Track Motorists - DigiCash Obsolescent

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997 frissell@panix.com wrote:

> Sabotaging your plates so they weren't machine readable or using a car
> registered in Slovenia or Wisconsin (both possible in the UK) would make more
> sense.

Would a spy trying to infiltrate a building wear a dark hat, sunglasses,
a trench coat, and a briefcase handcuffed to her wrist, or would she dress
as the people entering and leaving the building?

Erm, just how many Wisconsin or Slovenian plates are you likely to see in
a given hour passing through a camera's view?  You'd stand out like a
haystack in the middle of NYC.   You want to trick the OCR by using a
plate where the 1's can get confused with the I's, O's with Q's, etc..

Or spraying your plates with mud or dust or something...  You certainly,
don't want to stand out and call attention to your car.

Didn't someone mention using IR lasers to knock out cameras in a similar
topic?  Would perhaps a broadband IR transmission do the same without
harming humans? (So they won't rear end you of course.) :)

.+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "If you wanna touch the sky, you must  |./|\.
..\|/..|sunder@sundernet.com| be prepared to die.  And I hate cough  |/\|/\
../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  | For with those which eternal lie, with |.\|/.
.+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"| strange aeons, even death may die.     |.....

Thread