1997-07-20 - Re: Cypherpunk U

Header Data

From: tomw@netscape.com (Tom Weinstein)
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 651f13b4e9886b18fb8819b941c154621a216084e1e4a5e2f0f130cb6afbb0e8
Message ID: <33D156A0.7C1B9D56@netscape.com>
Reply To: <v03102815aff6f510fe24@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-20 00:15:03 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 08:15:03 +0800

Raw message

From: tomw@netscape.com (Tom Weinstein)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 08:15:03 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Cypherpunk U

Tim May wrote:

> At 2:17 PM -0700 7/19/97, Nick West wrote:
> >
> >What are some of the better colleges/universities to study
> >Computer/Network security at? I know MIT is a good one. Any others
> >that aren't quite so hard to get in to that still offer quality
> >programs?
>
> Do you mean for grad school, or for undergrad work?
>
> If the former, look for where the papers that interest you are coming
> from.  That is, whom do you want to work with? UC Berkeley is
> obviously doing interesting work, Purude has some well known folks,
> and Carnegie-Mellon is in the home city of CERT (maybe not a
> recommendation...). And Stanford is always a hotbed. At least a dozen
> other places are doing fine work.

Princeton and the University of Washington are also doing some
interesting things, if you're interested in Java security.

--
What is appropriate for the master is not appropriate| Tom Weinstein
for the novice.  You must understand Tao before      | tomw@netscape.com

Thread