1997-07-11 - From Bad to Worse / Re: Jim Bell (FINALLY!) Charged

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: da775c3270103f9e7c76662731ae3ac4d7edfe09cf3d33f52db6c7568bb5abfa
Message ID: <199707112241.AAA25669@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 06:56:58 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 06:56:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: From Bad to Worse / Re: Jim Bell (FINALLY!) Charged

Duncan Frissell wrote:
> >Oregonian Friday July 11, 1997 Page B3
> >
> >James D. Bell was charged Wednesday with interfearing with a federal
> >officer
> >and using false Social Security numbers.  He has been held without
> >bail in the Pierce County Jail since his May 18 arrest.

> [Warning! Old, politically incorrect law school joke coming up.]
> What was the biggest charge reduction in the history of plea bargaining?
> That would have been the reduction from a charge of Sodomy to a charge of
> Following Too Close. -- From the International Committee for the Preservation
> of Politically Incorrect Law School Jokes.

  I was arrested for "arson." They said that if I'd turned her over,
then the charge would have been "rape."
  My lawyer pleaded it down to "assault with a friendly weapon."
(The prosecutor argued for "dangerous weapon," but I was fortunate
enough to have a male judge, so the evidence didn't stand up in
court when it was presented for inspection.)

> >In an affidavit for the search warrant, IRS Special Investigator Jeff
> >Gordon said that Bell was "directly soliciting others to set up a system
> >to murder government officials" and that he had devised a plan to
> >overthrow the government.
>
> So where are these "others" and why are they still being allowed to walk the
> streets?

  Perhaps the others are all decent, law-abiding conspirators who
planned to have Dr.Kevorkian "help" government officials and, rather
than "overthowing" the government, will merely act as executors
(pardon the pun) of the e$tate.

> All right.  You forced me.  "Why do they call it the 'Reasonable Man Test'?
> Because there's no such thing as a reasonable woman."  (See Above)  [Duck and
> Cover!]

  Everyone knows what "Coyote Ugly" is...do you know what "Jailbird
Ugly" is?
  It's when a woman is so ugly that her rapist is sentenced to
_do_ her again--from the front.

ArsonAssed
"Justice is a two-edged place to put your sword."

Something's wrong when I'm sodomized under an increasing number of laws.
Only one response to the dick grabbers is warranted: "Pull!...Pull!"
Mayor Maynot                | Sexual Anarchy: raincoat encryption,
mm@got.sum     408-728-0152 | anonymous sex, digital fetishes, Zippo
W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, bad reputations, sex markets,
Higher Power: 2^1398269     | black sex markets, collapse of boners.
"Chastity belts aren't even hemmeroids on the anal bi-way."

Thread