1997-07-31 - Re: Entrust Technologies’s Solo - free download

Header Data

From: Martin Pool <m.pool@pharos.com.au>
To: Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
Message Hash: da9eca0c4e6f3a58ba9abc6f71b2198492f7341f34f55e76a865919a5f1081f4
Message ID: <33E00B8C.7AD8@pharos.com.au>
Reply To: <199707301842.LAA16904@kachina.jetcafe.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-31 03:57:41 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:57:41 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Martin Pool <m.pool@pharos.com.au>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 20:57:41 -0700 (PDT)
To: Dave Hayes <dave@kachina.jetcafe.org>
Subject: Re: Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download

Dave Hayes wrote:
> Sandy Harris writes:
> > What this scum is actually upset about is Chris Lewis cancelling
> > spam. He calls that "forgery" because the spammer's name goes
> > in the sender field of the cancel message. Nonsense.

> According to RFC 1036 forging cancels for articles that do not
> originate from your news site is not allowed. He is clearly in
> violation of the RFCs. Spam jihads are not sufficient reason
> to ignore internet protocols.

  Spamming is a crime (theft of computer resources) and sometimes
such acts may be justifiable self-defense, such as when I steal
from my employer because they don't pay me enough, or when I lie
on my income tax forms because I want to keep my money for myself.

  Just because Chris Lewis has complete disregard for internet
protocol and feels justified in violating the "trust" that others
place in the headers of the email they receive, is no reason to
believe that he should not be "Entrust(ed)" with working in an
area that might affect the security of a large number of people.

--
Martin Pool <m.pool@pharos.com.au>
Pharos Business Solutions

Thread